Good news. This past May I was promoted to full professor (teaching) of writing. Thanks to you all for your support!
This Fall I’m finishing up the index and final proofs of the Critical Code Studies book (due out next year from MIT Press). Now that it’s wrapping up, I’ve turned my attention to other projects. We’re giving Salt Immortal Sea its own website complete with teaching materials. The kids and I are at work on Mrs. Wobbles 5, “The Land Down Under,” which my daughter is directing. Meanwhile, the Buzzademia editors, Kim Knight and Anne Cong-Huyen, and I are working on launching our special issue of Hyperrhiz (due out end of summer). Looking forward to a Fall panel at SLSA on code studies. Stay tuned for a Fall netprov and the cfp for the 2020 Critical Code Studies Working Group. And I’ve returned my attention to the musical! So, certainly a turn toward enjoying projects.
- Chain of Dependencies: A New Visual Heuristic to Discover the Underlying Logic of an Argument with Jessica Cantiello
- Salt Immortal Sea: an interactive storygame about the endless return of war.
- Spy E.Y.E., the latest episode of Mrs. Wobbles & the Tangerine House
- Machine Learning Breakfast Club: a netprov about a summer school for troubled algorithms with Rob Wittig
- Launched a new archive Website for the LA Flood Project
- My e-signature novel is up to line 76. Email me for one.
- Presenting code studies at SLSA in Irvine
- Speaking on teaching writing at CSU Northridge
- Finishing up the Critical Code Studies Book
- Publishing Special Issue of Hyperrhiz: Buzzademia: Scholarship in the Internet Vernacular. (with Anne Cong-Huyen & Kim Knight)
- Posting the cfp for the 2020 Critical Code Studies Working Group
In the News
- I have been settling into my position as Probationary Provost of UnderAcademy College.
- Was quoted in an LA Times article on Snitch-Tagging.