Good news. The book is coming out in March!
This spring brings the publication of my new book Critical Code Studies (MIT Press). That coincides with the 6th biennial Critical Code Studies Working Group! We’re giving Salt Immortal Sea its own website complete with teaching materials. The kids and I are at work on Mrs. Wobbles 5, “The Land Down Under,” which my daughter is directing. Meanwhile, the Buzzademia editors, Kim Knight and Anne Cong-Huyen, and I just launched our special issue of Hyperrhiz. And I’ve returned my attention to the musical! So, certainly a turn toward enjoying projects.
- Critical Code Studies (MIT Press, March 10).
- Article about writing the Critical Code Studies book in just one year (sort of)
- Relaunched site for Critical Code Studies
- Buzzademia: special issue of hyperrhiz.
- Destination Wedding 2070, a netprov, on display in Streaming exhibit at Calit2 gallery at UC San Diego.
- Flight of the CodeMonkeys, a new interactive fiction work that lets you monkey around in the code in this year’s IFComp.
- Spy E.Y.E., the latest episode of Mrs. Wobbles & the Tangerine House
- Machine Learning Breakfast Club: a netprov about a summer school for troubled algorithms with Rob Wittig
- Launched a new archive Website for the LA Flood Project
- My e-signature novel is up to line 84. Email me for one.
- Hosting the 2020 Critical Code Studies Working Group
- Speaking at Cultured Data Symposium at University of San Diego
- Guest Lecture at San Diego State Univesity