Friday: How Did Last Night's Warm-Up Date Go?

1) Find out which quadruple the Mesos put you in!
Search for your name in this document and see your quadruple assignment.

2) Pretend all four of you went on a date last night.
Post in your quadruple’s thread/discussion in the Warm-Up Date category.
Share (imagine/invent) how your date went from your perspective.
Build on each other’s account, and/or contradict each other about the nuances.
Was it comfortable? Awkward?
What went right? What went wrong?
Are you a Thermophile who needs Love? Watch our Intro Video
Read How to Play
You can read about the 5 Genders here
or find out which Gender you are most like here.
Let your personality shine in public posts and comments only
(no private conversations!)
so the Mesos can put you in the perfect quadruple later in the week!

Who am I? What am I doing here? Am I even a Thermophile?

I've been having an identity crisis as of late. Do you know that book "Are you my mother?", well the Thermophile I called mom (do we Thermophiles even have moms?) read that book to me an alarmingly high number of times during my youth, so much so that I've memorized and internalized the narrative. Perhaps to the point that it now is forcing me to question my own identity as a Thermophile, I want to go to my mother and ask her that very same question, "Are you my mother?" - I want to ask the woman who I called mother that question even though I'm realizing I'm truly not sure that we Thermophiles even have mothers to speak of! I'm here because I want to crowdsource an answer to this question of "Who am I?. So,
Does anyone else feel out of place? Does anyone else not know who to turn to in this dark time? Is anyone else truly struggling in this confusing world JOIN ME in discovering an alternative to this aimless wandering around a site where we don't even know if we'll be loved, join me in discovering a way to find love without knowing who we are, to find love and discover who we are, yes I'm called an acido now, but for the right one I'd be anything, because anything would be better than feeling like the imposter than I am now, an acido by gender assignment not by name or lived experience, who knows what I am when it comes down to it - who knows what any of us are? Let the others clamber around in the pit of love they've dug for themselves, I'm offering you a ladder to the sun, to something unknown and different, to something bursting with possibility, YES, for love perhaps, but also for more, for a you that actually speaks to you, for an us that doesn't make us feel so alone, and for a future that we can see ourselves smiling in - please, someone, anyone, everyone - join me in this future I see for us, and mom, I don't need an answer to my burning question, I just need to know that someone accepts me if I'm a Thermophile or no, if I'm an acido or no, basically no matter what I am so I guess I do want to know "Are you my mother?" but only if mother means someone who will love me unconditionally, and in that way anyone could be my mother.

Dear World,

Are you my mother?

Comments

• Bruh. Bruh. Seriously I know you require extreme temperatures to survive, but you need to chill out bruh. For real bruh
  • @acido_timous is right, breh. But it's okay, we accept you for whatever you are, so grab a beer and chill.
  • No mystery here fellows - all you gotta be is me. Replicate. Populate. Find a niche and get in it. From where I exist we are all just swirling in matter - and I have learned to take my shades off long enough to see you needing me. And I have gone to enough (gene) therapy to know i need you too. Yes it is hard to admit but as they say, one is the loneliest number. Four is, you know, more.
  • yeah, chill temperatures are nice! we can all be chill
  • Just be chill! Everything will workout how its supposed to
  • none of you understand me.