Friday: How Did Last Night's Warm-Up Date Go?

1) Find out which quadruple the Mesos put you in!
Search for your name in this document and see your quadruple assignment.

2) Pretend all four of you went on a date last night.
Post in your quadruple’s thread/discussion in the Warm-Up Date category.
Share (imagine/invent) how your date went from your perspective.
Build on each other’s account, and/or contradict each other about the nuances.
Was it comfortable? Awkward?
What went right? What went wrong?
Are you a Thermophile who needs Love? Watch our Intro Video
Read How to Play
You can read about the 5 Genders here
or find out which Gender you are most like here.
Let your personality shine in public posts and comments only
(no private conversations!)
so the Mesos can put you in the perfect quadruple later in the week!

Pacing Issues

Being the highly asexual acido that I am, I usually conjugate on the first date, or at least play around with my flagellum with them. What do I do if I wind up with a quadruple that doesn't want to swap plasmids til after marriage?

Comments

• TMI, where is the mystery acido_timous?
  • When you conjugate, save some room for the Baby Matthias Schleiden. At least 4 inches.
  • Personally, I go with whatever feels more comfortable for that person on the first date. If they don't even want to talk about conjugation until the third date that's okay, but also the first date is okay too! We should respect everyone's pace.
  • Swapping plasmids should be a meaningful experience. Don't rush the process, and keep your flagellum on a leash.
  • I agree with my fellow obli. it should be an intimate experience. One that you share with whoever you would like but don't give out all of your flagellas on the first night.
  • I like to wait for everyone to be done so their attentions can be all on me when I say whatever I want.
  • Who's looking to conjugate? as my username suggests, im a fac, been looking for a acido to spend the evening with
  • wow. this is quite the post. thank you for sharing too much info!!
  • This is an interesting post must I say. Whatever you do, make sure not to force your flagellum on another cell.
  • Oh mine! I can't believe I just found out this thread! The pacing issue has been bothering me a lot, ALOT! Every thermophile I met seems to want intimacy much quicker than I could ever handle. I rather have some thoughtful conversations and enjoy the accompany of my quadruple.

I'm so glad somephile is wondering the same thing as I.
  • I thermofully think that everyone should layoff the intensity and smoothly feel the vibe out. Play it cool, you will find the right energy to swap with. Thats what I do anyways, and I don't seem to ever have problems.
  • Plus you don't want to get a Thermally Transmitted Disease... could be the end of us all
  • @acido_timous just make sure to always wear a membrane...the other membrane. And get checked for bacteriophages every 3 months.
  • As long as you're being safe, I think that conjugation can be a great way to get to know someone better. If the thermal chemistry isn't there...it'll never work anyways.
  • @acido_timous As your fellow acido, I encourage you to learn how to CENSOR YOURSELF. Like seriously, we acidos should capitalize on our mysteriousness! So, I guess what I'm trying to do here is give you some advice, acido-to-acido. Please take it....