Friday: How Did Last Night's Warm-Up Date Go?

1) Find out which quadruple the Mesos put you in!
Search for your name in this document and see your quadruple assignment.

2) Pretend all four of you went on a date last night.
Post in your quadruple’s thread/discussion in the Warm-Up Date category.
Share (imagine/invent) how your date went from your perspective.
Build on each other’s account, and/or contradict each other about the nuances.
Was it comfortable? Awkward?
What went right? What went wrong?
Are you a Thermophile who needs Love? Watch our Intro Video
Read How to Play
You can read about the 5 Genders here
or find out which Gender you are most like here.
Let your personality shine in public posts and comments only
(no private conversations!)
so the Mesos can put you in the perfect quadruple later in the week!

Getting to Know Us Oblis

I’ve been pondering joining a dating site for a couple of years. My research showed that most of them only have a 53% result of hooking up enduring quadruples. I don’t really like those numbers, but I’m not getting any younger and if I’m going to find the right home environment to replicate I need to move soon. Thermophiles in Love was the most recommended site on the Single-Cell Reddit.

Comments

• Yes! I was right where you are — hesitating — and then a friend pointed out: “Hey, your current percentage is zero!” Makes the low fifty percents look pretty good
  • I’m using a system. I split my flirtation evenly across seven different dating websites. I don’t have any real data yet, but I’ve got to figure that ups my chances.
  • This isn't the first dating site I've tried. Honestly, I like them a lot - it's nice to be able to take your time writing to others. When I heard about this one I figured there was no harm in giving it a shot! It seems promising so far.
  • Thank you guys for introducing yourselves. You guys seem optimistic. Maybe I can figure out how to be optimistic too. I just don't know. It's kind of paralyzing, and you know, that's tough in this environment.
  • Yeah, thank you for introducing yourselves – it's nice to know that I'm not the only cell in this situation. I'm not sure if joining a dating site was the best thing for me to do. But I agree that it was worth a shot, at the very least.
  • Yes, it's nice to get to know other Oblis, since we tend to just ferment in our own little corners when left to our own devices (though maybe that's just me?). You'd think that we'd be good at this replication thing by now when we've been around for four billion years, but I guess some things never change, haha.
  • I just wanted to say I decided to stick with this another day and learn some more! It's been really exciting. Plus, I found out that there are a lot of non-believers on this site and I can help them learn about the One True Vent. It's going to be amazing!!!
  • I'd like to say that It's a pleasure to be here with the rest of you, but I don't think I have enough information about the rest of you to back up that statement. Let's not get too excited people, I don't think my blood pressure can handle it . I shall try to return and make a more informed assessment in the near future. Cheers.
  • Since my manifestation I have learned much not about my origin but of a group who shares my form and motion. The Obli. I longed for a sense of purpose and in my search have begun to found a sense of place. One of my form sharers told me of God. I have begun to imagine myself as a part of God though I know not what God truly is. obli_inproperpersona has told me what I feel in our flow world is God. But the hot and cold rise and fall and the more I learn the more expansive my search becomes. Is anyone else searching? Is anyone else able to understand the feel of God?
  • I am so excited to be an Obli, and am honored to be amongst all of you. I have been pondering about the thought of a dating site for some time now, and was convinced (it took a bit of arm twisting) by some friends to try Thermophiles in Love. Does anyone else contemplate the success rate of this site? Do you think this will work? What if I end up alone? What if I end up on ObliCatfish? I guess I could move on to a different site... are they all the same?
  • I have always been wary that I'd find my soulmate on a dating site but learning those statistics makes me feel a little bit at ease. I mean 53% is a little bit more than half right? I'd either find "the one" or not at all? Or am I getting ahead of myself? Is a soulmate too much to ask for online?
  • edited November 2016
    I don't think we should put too much focus on the number because thinking about it just causes unnecessary anxiety. A soulmate should be someone that you can feel comfortable around, that helps you grow and become a better you, and that growth can't happen if you have a preconceived notion of the "perfect person". A soulmate is what you make of it, so don't let that 53% deter you from finding that thermophile that can make you a better you!
  • Yes you are right 53% is just a number so why worry about it. We are here to meet other thermophiles and even if it doesn't work out and we don't find our soulmate, we can always find a good friend.
  • Fellow Obli here! Hello! I'm a little shy, so I'm not sure about this dating thing. I know I need to start connecting, but I'm wary of trying.
  • Hi Oblis! I am so happy to be here. I am a little shy as well especially around the other thermophiles. The dating world is pretty scary and I feel like I will never find the right thermophile for me. Maybe, maybe not. Or I could just find some good friends.
  • Hi, @obli_cytoplasmicphyla ! Welcome. Listen, this dating thing sure is scary, huh? But don't worry. There will be a great meeting coming. Please stay tuned because we're going to have a meeting with other people who want to join the One True Vent! There will be lots of friends. And everyone who doesn't come will probably wind up in a frozen pond forever, sorry to say, so you should definitely come, okay? There will be lots of good friends.
  • Hello other Oblis! So happy to see all of us here prospering. I have never dated before because I get shutdown by the bright lights of a date. However, I'm looking forward to giving this a try. I'm a very calm, peaceful obli looking to mingle with other oblis!
  • @obli_cytoplasmicphyla I'm glad you are here too. No need to be shy friend. Us oblis are all in this together. I would know, because I am sage-like. We don't have to call it dating, but I have what you need. Do you want to transport over to the big date on Friday together? :p
  • If you want to spice up your life, you might want to try replicating with an Acido!
  • Fellow oblis! I am so excited for all of us to have a space to converse!! Dating can be so hard out there for us oblis, I know we all tend to overthink and assume, so dating can be extremely tough! I would love to have all of your support in this! I hope we all find our quadruples!! <3
  • I'm just here because someone made me be. They were all like "come on, it'll be fun." This looks like a blast.
  • Hello to any and all Oblis! I appreciate your suggestions to branch out and attempt to date from other species... but I'm not sure I have the capacity to do so. I am concerned for my mental and emotional health that it may be too "spicy" and I will literally catch fire. I like to stick with like-minded organisms, at least for now.
  • Hello fellow Oblis! I am here to connect on a cellular level. It is hard to meet someone out in the "real world" because of my shyness. The search for my quadruples has officially begun! Hope you all find your quadruple soul mates!
  • @obli_vious I'm also here because someone made me. But it looks kinda fun now. I'm rather indecisive. Sometimes I don't even know what to write. I think too much. I'm an over thinker. Last time, I spent like 5 minutes deciding whether or not to click on "post comment" before I actually clicked on it. I guess I'm just too sensitive.
  • I am so happy to meet this wonderful group of obli here! But I'm still not so sure about this whole dating thing... I mean, I've never dated any thermophile in my entire life 0.0 That said, everyone seems ultra friendly here. So I shall give it a try <3

Any dating pro here? Please give me some advice...
  • @obli_phile You have asked, and I have the answer. All oblis are extremely friendly, and dating other thermophiles is easy. Just relax. Be yourself, and be honest. Dress nicely and flirt sparingly. Those are the keys to success
  • Hi there Oblis! I am so happy to get to meet you all. After all, I am pretty shy when it comes to this stuff.
  • Hi @obli_lava! I am glad you feel comfortable in this environment. I've only been on Til for a few days but I can say that I've been able to open up a little more. It's a great dating site. So don't worry, I have always been shy too.
  • Yeah I am really shy as well and it is really hard for me to start conversations or even join a conversation, but when I am here I don't feel like that. Thermophiles in Love has helped me open up more and meet others.
  • Thank you so much for the advice, @obli_indominus_rex ! I can't agree more that all us oblis are nice and friendly. But those acidos and hypes? I'm not saying that they're not friendly... They're just difficult to hang out with. My warm up date is with a fac, an acido and a hype. Do you have any experience with these thermophiles?