Friday: How Did Last Night's Warm-Up Date Go?

1) Find out which quadruple the Mesos put you in!
Search for your name in this document and see your quadruple assignment.

2) Pretend all four of you went on a date last night.
Post in your quadruple’s thread/discussion in the Warm-Up Date category.
Share (imagine/invent) how your date went from your perspective.
Build on each other’s account, and/or contradict each other about the nuances.
Was it comfortable? Awkward?
What went right? What went wrong?
Are you a Thermophile who needs Love? Watch our Intro Video
Read How to Play
You can read about the 5 Genders here
or find out which Gender you are most like here.
Let your personality shine in public posts and comments only
(no private conversations!)
so the Mesos can put you in the perfect quadruple later in the week!

Let me draw you!

Tired of your old profile pic (lame!) and need a new one? Describe yourself (color, distinguishing features like cillia/flagella, organelles, plasmids, etc.) and I'll draw you!

Comments

• Hi, my name is Taq.
    - rod-shaped (bacillus)
    - gram-negative
    - no cillia / flagella (I'm pretty immobile)
    - three layered membrane composed of an inner plasma membrane, intermediate, and rougher outer layer. (along my inner membrane, there are these rod-like structures that resemble individual cells)

Thanks so much for doing this!

• You're welcome.
  • edited November 2016
    "You're welcome" Really? This is what you come up with? I'm sorry, but this is so offensive and unflattering... it looks nothing like me. What did you even draw this with? Your cytoplasm??
  • Omg i want a picture drawn of me!

i have a blobby form like sort of transparent and sheer but also feels very weighty and corpulent, and also i have all this ciliae on like behind my flagella
  • Those are some good drawings! I'm a big fan.
  • I agree. These are very talented. Should definitely go in some thermophile museum.
  • Can you draw me so that I may begin to see myself? I have a desire to understand how I came to be and what I am. If feeling the sight of myself through other sights I may come closer to understanding why I am here. The more I feel this world we are in the more I tingle and the world feels warm and I feel myself spinning in a blissful way. With the buds of my outer layer stick to a quad or a slow moving wave of molecules?
  • Being drawn does seem fun. A chance to immortalize that Acido charm. Those look great!
  • A drawing of me would be nice but I think I'd rather just enjoy others' portraits. What do others think? Should I get a drawing for myself?
  • To my patrons of the Arts™, I will now be accepting donations of glucose and undercooked meat. Please tell your philistine compatriot, @hype_Taquaticus to cordially SUCC my flagella.

Your requests are currently in development and commissions are OPEN.

That is all.
  • @Acido_EColi Okay, I've tried to be civil, but you're really pushing my operons. Normally I wouldn't respond to such provoking comments, but you're honestly SO infuriating! If there are any Mesos lurking in this thread PLEASE DON'T include us in the same quadruple.

It's already enough that I have to work alongside E. coli at the lab, but dating one would be a whole new level of nightmare.
  • YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE YOU'RE ONLY NEEDED FOR YOUR POLYMERASE...which, btw, IS CLONED AND MASS-PRODUCED IN ME!!!
  • This is so amazing!! I totally need a new profile pic, please draw me!!

I'm a traveler, always moving around a ton, lots of cillia / flagella! I have a green exterior, very shapely, but versatile and fit to my surroundings!! Thank you so much!
  • I am a wonderful shade of non-threatening beige, square-shaped with absolutely no outstanding or exciting features. I must say that I am the prime example of the Obli line. I'm dont know if it is possible to capture the essence of my mindfulness, but feel free to try.
  • My name is Obli_Lava. I look like most of my fellow Oblis. I move around fluidly and I love to bounce around places!