Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you a storytelling chef eager to cook up a tale?
Register for the site and read "How to Play."

We're eager to read your storecipes!

I Like You

Main Ingredients:
crush
ecologist
salmon
cocoa powder
leash

Spice Pack:
1/2 whisper of passion
1/4 dollop of interest

I have a crush on the local ecologist. I would be lying if I told you it had anything to do with her actually being a ecologist. She’s always there at a cooking class I take and always tells me about how certain foods like salmon and cocoa powder aren’t good for the environment. Again, I would be lying if I told you that this was the reason she has me on a metaphorical leash.

What is love? Is it selfish? Is it generous? Maybe a combination of both? Is it even possible to love someone completely unconditionally if they’re not family? Good questions, all of them. Questions that I don’t have the answer to. Oftentimes these thought exercises end up leaving me with more questions than answers. I flash back to all my favorite interactions I’ve had with people and try to find to find the common thread in hopes of possibly striking gold with this virtual stranger. She looks up at me and smiles before looking puzzled at the intense concentration on my face. I quickly readjust and smile back warmly.

“You’re really interesting Andy. I can’t tell what you’re thinking most of the time.”

You and me both.