This summer I’m finishing up the index and final proofs of the Critical Code Studies book (due out next year from MIT Press). Now that it’s wrapping up, I’ve turned my attention to other projects. We’re giving Salt Immortal Sea its own website complete with teaching materials. The kids and I are at work on Mrs. Wobbles 5, “The Land Down Under,” which my daughter is directing. Meanwhile, the Buzzademia editors, Kim Knight and Anne Cong-Huyen, and I are working on launching our special issue of Hyperrhiz (due out end of summer). Looking forward to July when Rob and I are heading to ELO 2019 in Cork, where we’ll be sharing some netprov. Stay tuned for a summer netprov (which we beta tested with Davin Heckman and Astrid Ensslin’s DHSI class) to much success. And I’ve returned my attention to the musical! So, certainly a turn toward enjoying projects.
- Salt Immortal Sea: an interactive storygame about the endless return of war.
- Spy E.Y.E., the latest episode of Mrs. Wobbles & the Tangerine House
- #Fixurl8tionship: a netprov about influencers with Rob Wittig
- Launched a new archive Website for the LA Flood Project
- Presenting netprov at ELO 2019 (July 15-17)
- Speaking on teaching writing at CSU Northridge
- Finishing up the Critical Code Studies Book
- Publishing Special Issue of Hyperrhiz: Buzzademia: Scholarship in the Internet Vernacular. (with Anne Cong-Huyen & Kim Knight)
- Summer netprov TBA!
In the News
- I have been settling into my position as Probationary Provost of UnderAcademy College.
- Was quoted in an LA Times article on Snitch-Tagging.