Friday: How Did Last Night's Warm-Up Date Go?

1) Find out which quadruple the Mesos put you in!
Search for your name in this document and see your quadruple assignment.

2) Pretend all four of you went on a date last night.
Post in your quadruple’s thread/discussion in the Warm-Up Date category.
Share (imagine/invent) how your date went from your perspective.
Build on each other’s account, and/or contradict each other about the nuances.
Was it comfortable? Awkward?
What went right? What went wrong?
Are you a Thermophile who needs Love? Watch our Intro Video
Read How to Play
You can read about the 5 Genders here
or find out which Gender you are most like here.
Let your personality shine in public posts and comments only
(no private conversations!)
so the Mesos can put you in the perfect quadruple later in the week!

Stay in Character, and Share Yr Experience of TiL this week! (Write Sun Nov 6 or later)

2»

Comments

• I actually had quite the opposite experience, despite being an obli too. I felt that I was able to open myself up a little bit, which has always been so hard because I am so shy. My dates didn't go well actually..I was the only one to show up. But, I'm optimistic. At the very least, I was able to practice my thermophile talking skills.
  • I agree with @Obli_travelersapien. Sometimes, the dating scene is just too much for us oblis to handle. Especially that many quadruples have at lease one acido... Believe or not, they're the most difficult to hang out with! They're like divas, but different types of divas... It's hard to put into words haha. That said, I really appreciate this experience for us to get to know more philes. I'd never know how us philes are so drastically different at a cellular level, if there wasn't this wonderful platform for us to connect.

Oh speaking of connection! Man, I have so much to say... I was bothered by the pacing issues a lot. Seems like many philes want to get intimate too soon. Much sooner than I could ever handle. I mean, separation is indeed crucial for us thermophiles, without which our species wouldn't exist for so long. But the emotional connection is so underrated! Dating is different than random hookup. I feel like I have the constant need to learn more about the thermonalities of my quadruple. Sometimes I just want to curl up in my cozy pool, listen to some good soothing music, have a good read, and enjoy the accompany of my quadruple.

I'm really not sure... I'm grateful to have this experience, but for me, unicellular life might be the way to go.
  • what a fun week. May have gone a little overboard but its always nice to get out of my thermal vent and live it up on the weekend! Wish I could have made a few more lasting connects but life's short and then you divide so mine as well enjoy it while it lasts.
  • I had a lot of fun interacting with all different cells. I know I can be a little self-absorbed some times but I appreciate how accepting everyone was. Shout out to my quad; you therms will always be considered life-long friends.
  • This week I have been so busy. So much traveling to do in such little time. It's ok though because I get things done, its just what I do as a fac! I'm beginning to get annoyed with people calling me arrogant though...
  • edited December 2016
    As I contemplate the great cosmology of life, finding love as a thermophile has made me realize how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things. First of all, we are of small stature and humans can basically step on us if they want to. But perhaps finding love is what makes life and the universe so meaningful. So I'm ever so grateful for that opportunity and to connect with other souls...