Friday: How Did Last Night's Warm-Up Date Go?

1) Find out which quadruple the Mesos put you in!
Search for your name in this document and see your quadruple assignment.

2) Pretend all four of you went on a date last night.
Post in your quadruple’s thread/discussion in the Warm-Up Date category.
Share (imagine/invent) how your date went from your perspective.
Build on each other’s account, and/or contradict each other about the nuances.
Was it comfortable? Awkward?
What went right? What went wrong?
Are you a Thermophile who needs Love? Watch our Intro Video
Read How to Play
You can read about the 5 Genders here
or find out which Gender you are most like here.
Let your personality shine in public posts and comments only
(no private conversations!)
so the Mesos can put you in the perfect quadruple later in the week!

Don't Forget to Sense!

Think about the magic that happens when cells really sense one another! I know that's what I'm looking for in a quad--a meeting of the plasma membranes and a sparking of the nuclei! If I'm going to settle into a biofilm with three others, I really want to know what they're all about. Otherwise, it's just four individuals, lonesome as ever.

Comments

• I agree – I want to make sure I really get to know the cells I quad with someday! I want to find a quad I can be mycellf with – otherwise, what's the point? That's how I see it, at least. I'd take being single over being part of a dysfunctional quad any day. The latter would probably make me feel a lot lonelier than I would if I were just on my own.
  • Yes! This is exactly what I want from my quad. I want to donate and accept plasmids with another three cells, but not just because it'll help us survive... I want us to share secrets--like a game of telephone that passes through our membranes.
  • And with a connection like that, the best thing is that you're always getting to to know each other better. That's what I'm really looking forward to, more than that initial spark even, and more than handing around DNA. The thought of coevolving together and learning how to really understand each other...it's so dreamy, don't you think?
  • If I am a quad and a quad is a quad that wants a quad than I too must want a quad. I seek nothing in a quad but what they seek in me. How do I learn to seek what a quad seeks? I feel I must give to learn to seek. But not knowing how to seek makes me invisible. Will I disappear completely?
  • I just want to have a thermophile who understands me and doesn't want to change me. Oh why is this so hard? Why can't we just find the perfect quad? After finding someone we have to think about the pros and cons of being with them, We have to analyze what we like and what we don't about them, and if we end up not liking them as much as we thought we did, then we start all over again. Oh good luck to all of us.
  • I agree with obli_proton. I want to be myself around my quadruple. I don't know why it is so difficult to find thermophiles that don't want to change me. I believe it would be wise to love each other and just be nice!
  • I'm ecstatic about the thought of my quad someday! All I want is to love and be loved.
  • I like the thought of a quad and finding my quad but how do you know that you've found the quad. I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit to one quad yet.
  • @hype_corgirexicus I feel like when you have found the quad you're meant for, you will just KNOW. The temperature, the feelings, the pH, everything will just align and be perfect! But maybe I'm just a romantic..
  • I know what I want from my quad.
    Take note Mesos: Intensity clarifies. It creates momentum and the right amount of pressure. I'd rather feel friction which leads to deep fulfillment. It's how I grow. Just don't bore me.
  • I like being me, and I like the thought of being around like-minded Thermophiles that accept me and I accept them. Why is it so hard to find that?
  • @hype_corgirexicus I feel this on my cellular level. I, too, wonder if being in a quad will live up to all my expectations of being in a quad. I'm worried about how much of my singularity I'll be able to retain once I've become apart of a quad. I wanted to be bonded, not absorbed.
  • @obli_potassiumS I agree with you. As much as it would be nice to find "the three," getting into a quad just to be in a quad is a sure path to dysfunction and despair. I have my career, and I have my pets; I am a complete organism already. I don't need a quad to feel complete. I think the best kind of quad is one that actually elevates you to something beyond completeness: a you 1.5, if you will.
  • Guys I really think you should be receptive to different organisms.. I mean you never know how you might like something unless you try it right? Even if your quad ends up being not what you want, you'll find positives that will make you appreciate it. Take it from a Fac. You can enjoy pretty much anything.
  • I dont know. sometimes i prefer to just be around a quad of acidos and then other times i just want to be by my loneacidoself. Too much thermany is bad.
  • I usually want to just be alone. However, recently I am feeling like I am ready to quadruple
  • Yeah I had a date and no one from my quad showed up. Can you believe that? I actually went on a date with mycellf instead and it was great. Actually being alone is not that bad, sometimes you just need that alone time to learn to appreciate and love yourcellf more.
  • I am so glad somephile brought this up! It's so comforting to know that other philes feel the same as I do. Sure the separating is what we thermophiles need to prolong our existence as a species, but the emotional intimacy is so underrated! I want to know more and deeper about other philes, I want to learn their thermonalities, I want to have that emotional connection.
  • I think this is such an interesting conversation because it is definitely what I thrive to create when I set up quads. I assume its also why a lot of people are here on this dating site. In my experience, finding that deeper connection is hard to come by but definitely not impossible! Keep up hope!
  • I feel like as a fac I am set up to do just this. I have always felt like I've been able to really connect with people on a deep level very early on in the relationship. I wondered how that would translate into a dating website but I'd say it has gone very well.
  • hey @"fac_krispyking " maybe we should try snuggling up in a biofilm sometime...Would love to get to know you some more
  • @obli_phile You seem like a really great cell. I think you'd enjoy my themperament, and you never know... we could be a good match