Friday: How Did Last Night's Warm-Up Date Go?

1) Find out which quadruple the Mesos put you in!
Search for your name in this document and see your quadruple assignment.

2) Pretend all four of you went on a date last night.
Post in your quadruple’s thread/discussion in the Warm-Up Date category.
Share (imagine/invent) how your date went from your perspective.
Build on each other’s account, and/or contradict each other about the nuances.
Was it comfortable? Awkward?
What went right? What went wrong?
Are you a Thermophile who needs Love? Watch our Intro Video
Read How to Play
You can read about the 5 Genders here
or find out which Gender you are most like here.
Let your personality shine in public posts and comments only
(no private conversations!)
so the Mesos can put you in the perfect quadruple later in the week!

Getting to Know Us Hypes

I’m here for the Big Party this Saturday. I’ve been doing this event since year one. I don’t know if you know, but it started in a little puddle with only about 50 cells. Even though it’s huge now and getting pretty commercialized, it’s still a great event. I was kind of disturbed when they got bought by this dating website. But dating sites are OK if they make sure and operate in an ethical manner. Thermophiles in Love seems to be a pretty good one although you always have to keep an eye on companies like this: they’re profit-oriented concerns at the end of the day.

Comments

• I totally agree! I did a volunteer internship in a sea-floor sulphur vent and they had a dating site that was basically a cross between a pyramid scheme and a trafficking ring! We busted it up, but not before it harmed a lot of cells.
  • My father told me, It takes the glory of God to conceal the matter and the honor of kings to search it out. Love, here, is concealed, and must be conquered. I propose we hypes unify immediately, take what has been preordained by God, what is rightfully ours. Come together, with me, and know the glory of victory!
  • let us make war upon those who would ignore us.
  • Hello! Is this where all the hypes are?
  • edited October 2016
    Taquaticus -- hello,
    this is where the hypes are, but not for long, as we plan to conquer all pools of knowledge
  • Is "conquer" some kind of new slang? I thought this site was about finding your perfect quadruple?
  • Taquaticus --
    Conquering what you find, and taking what is rightfully your. I propose we expand the quadruple to include all thermos -- to create a better world in which all are united as one. Still, there will be those who will not come willingly. Force is the only option!
  • Larger than quadruples? But what about all the unintentional conjugation? Wouldn't you risk infecting another species?

I'm sorry, but what you're talking about sounds a whole lot like staphylogamy.
  • Not to mention the whole "unwilling" thing.
  • staphylogamy is but a fancy word for unity -- i aim to bring together all species, and those who die from infection are weak and deserve no sympathy. Hype is life, hype is the chosen.
  • hey, hype-taq, thanks for speaking out against force. I am also just looking for an exciting, fulfilling relationship with three great cells. And I'm not against doubling up! Opening my mind a bit these days!!
  • Hey guys! Excited to join the Hype community. What are your favorite things to do?
  • @hype_malachite Thanks for backing me up. I was thinking about quitting this site for a moment... I mean, I'm not an acido so why should I have to stay in toxic environments? (Also, I haven't thought about it much, but I'd be open to experimenting too.)

@hype_pantuckilis it's nice to meet you. When I'm not working in the lab, I like hanging out in the hot springs in Yellowstone. It's so relaxing! What about you?
  • @hype_Taquaticus Nice! I like vacationing in Fukushima.
  • Hello fellow Hypes! Tell me about yourselves
  • @hype_pantuckilis My favorite thing is taking my two pet E. coli out for walks. I just let them wander where they want, and I follow along. It's gotten me into some pretty interesting situations, but I trust their judgment more than I'd trust most people's (especially Mesos XD)
  • @hype_pantuckilis Hi nice to meet you! When I'm not perusing this dating site for sweet thermophiles, I try to go to really really boiling hot places to see if I can take it. What can I say, I love the adrenaline rush!
  • Hi guys! I like ride my pet cat along the streets too!
  • PET E.COLI?????? @hype_solium not to intrude, but that sounds like kinkplay

... and I'm interested. ;)
  • Hello Hypes! I'm a little new to this whole "thermophile" thing. Any recommendations on how to get started.
  • @xerxes if you aim to bring all people together, why are you saying that the weak deserve to die. Shouldn't you want to help them?
  • @Hype_Nobilis I'm not familiar with the background of this site. How has it become commercialized?
  • Hey Hypes, anyone looking to join me on a quest to bathe in every hot springs around the globe? I figure we can travel on Amoeba Airlines from pool to pool, pretty sweet deals.
  • @Acido_EColi Hehehe, I'm flattered, but it's not a kinkplay thing. My E. coli are just my (purely platonic!) pets. As far as copulation goes, I tend to be pretty vanilla, actually. :s I am open to changing that though, if I can find the right partners. ;)
  • @hype_all_day That sounds fantastic. I wonder if Oblis would be up for globetrotting, though. Better hope you get a cool Meso who'll consider your adventurous spirit and quadrupify accordingly.
  • @hype_solium you definitely found the right place! Just stay away from acido's!
  • edited November 2016
    I have not claimed the weak should be killed. They deserve ushering into the new reality. Those who will not come will die, yes, for their weaknesses. But that is their fate and not ours.

I need a general. Who can claim the title?
  • @Hype_toranophila Hey! I'm new here as well! would you like to take a trip down stream and become friends? would love to meet level-celled thermophiles like me!
  • @hype_pantuckilis
    Hey nice to meet you! welcome to this multicellular culture. I personally love to migrate to various destinations and observe new activities! I also enjoy meeting new Thermophiles. What excites you?
  • @xerxes You're kinda starting to freak me out... Maybe try lightening up a little bit. We're all just here to have some fun and meet new people. It's probably not a good idea to bring religion and politics into it. ^^;