Friday: How Did Last Night's Warm-Up Date Go?

1) Find out which quadruple the Mesos put you in!
Search for your name in this document and see your quadruple assignment.

2) Pretend all four of you went on a date last night.
Post in your quadruple’s thread/discussion in the Warm-Up Date category.
Share (imagine/invent) how your date went from your perspective.
Build on each other’s account, and/or contradict each other about the nuances.
Was it comfortable? Awkward?
What went right? What went wrong?
Are you a Thermophile who needs Love? Watch our Intro Video
Read How to Play
You can read about the 5 Genders here
or find out which Gender you are most like here.
Let your personality shine in public posts and comments only
(no private conversations!)
so the Mesos can put you in the perfect quadruple later in the week!

transcendance

I
I have
I have manifest
ed
as
I.
I sense a sense of being. Of being new. Yet believe I am not new but have been I before. I sense a world. I think I see but perhaps only feel. I feel worlds. I feel beings. I feel scale. I feel the question of how do I know what I know. How is it that I find myself in this world? Have I been born or have I transcended a previous birth? Am I alone?

Comments

• Oh, okay! I can totally help with this one. Look, @ethoblio5, I can't really tell what kind of therm you are-- like, no offense, but that's a very unusual name you've got there. (I bet that says a little something about where you got these really interesting ideas about all this complicated stuff, actually. I've heard about these vents where none of the therms believe in anything and they all have weird names.) But the answer is so clear! Let me tell you about God. God wants you to know about It. You're sensing a world? That's probably totally God. You don't need to worry so much about yourself and all that "meaning of life" stuff, because you are part of the One True Vent. We all are! It's okay to be a little confused and everything, but no therm should ever feel lonely. Because you're totally not alone!
  • I will choose to call what I feel God. I feel warmth from your response. The space I am in was feeling cooler. Does God become warm or cold? Can you share your time and and your warmth with me? Can we share God together? Can I give you God the way you have given it to me? I feel I have much to learn. I feel warmth.
  • @ethoblio5 In the vent I'm from, we have a saying: "Always go to any meeting where therms might worship the One True Vent." I mean, you'd probably call it a 'saying', but it's actually a commandment from God about building the One True Vent together and everything, so we take it pretty seriously. I don't really know about all that talk about transcending a previous birth or whatever, that sounds a little weird to me, but I'm always up for sharing time with you to talk about the One True Vent! And yeah, the One True Vent will be totally warm, not like, you know, unpleasant scalding warm, just warm warm, you know? That's what Our Leader told us, at least, and that's good enough for me! I'm really glad you're interested in this, because the therms who don't accept God won't get to join us in the One True Vent and instead wind up in a frozen pond for eternity, which doesn't kill them but just keeps them there forever and it's horrible. You seem nice so I totally don't want you to end up there, okay?

So I guess the answer is yes, let's totally share God and warmth and stuff together!!!
  • ethoblio5, I think u must be a Fac. You are making some sweet (non)sense. Please keep questioning, I am drawn to the wonder.
  • Is it possible to be new and the same at once? I feel as I have transcended, as well all have. Our characters and personalities serve only as manifestations of who we see ourselves as.
  • Alas. The Mesos have told me that I have failed and must be reconstructed anew. As my journey was just beginning and unfolding into this world I thought we could all share I am at my end. Perhaps this is the one true vent of which my dearest guide speaks though I am filled with doubt. My end feels so much like my beginning that perhaps I sensed its inevitability before I could even comprehend such things. But Perhaps also my reconstruction will bring me back to you in a new form and I return to you all with the same sense I had at my manifestation. Goodbye. But hopefully not forever.
  • We will miss you, ethoblio5. You were a soul above all, a truest form of lactate reincarnate. A polyp, a butter cup, and simply sweet delight. A riverbed of knowledge and existential wonder. Please return soon, in whatever form you can afford. We wee oblis would appreciate it dearly.
  • It has been nice reading what you all have to say! You have so many good opinions.
  • Unfortunately, I didn't get to know you. I would have loved to know about your existence before, for I hear you are cell-amazing. Good luck in your reconstruction and hopefully your new cellf and I will become good friends.
  • I really liked your writings dude! Really interesting.
  • I wish I got to know you better. I hope to hear about your future and reconstruction.
  • Wow! I love your writing so, so much. I feel what you've said. I feel your feelings. I feel you.
  • lol everyone's comments are just like "yeah I agree!" "so cool bro!" haha just found that funny. however, i must say that the original post in this string is pretty clever and does ignite in me some deep thought about ~feelings~