Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you a storytelling chef eager to cook up a tale?
Register for the site and read "How to Play."

We're eager to read your storecipes!

REFRITO: Matt

Rehash to Mat

Basket:
-Nemesis
-Barista
-Grapefruit
-Basil

Spice Pack:
-1/8 dash of euphoria
-1 whisper of apprehension

It was the annual cooking contest and I could not wait to show the town the secret ingredients to my new double stuffed crusted caribbean creation. The only thing about the contest every year is that it is always a close call with my Nemesis, Jose. He somehow always steals my secret ingredient list and it's always a battle to the end with the judges. He's a barista, and his drinks really are good, but there is not enough to beat me out this year. The cooking contest allows everyone to prep a drink, a desert, an entree, really whatever you'd like. I was making a caribbean meat pie with my secret ingredients: basil and grapefruit. Some may question the idea, but once they try it they will never look back. I was filled with excitement going in knowing Jose had no chance to get look at my ingredients; however there was a whisper of apprehension knowing he did heave tricks up his sleeves. We got to the end and guess what, no surprise there-- it was down to Jose and me. There was a twist this year though, we eat had to try each others creations. He made a regular old Long Island Iced Tea-- he may have even bought it from fleet. I filled with elation and a dash of euphoria when I realized he had been disqualified due to his lack of creativity with his drink. As sketchy as basil and grapefruit sound together, they were something the judges had never seen and allowed me to take home the big trophy.

Comments

• Man a refreshing long island iced tea...yum
  • Translation in Spanish:

Era el concurso de cocina anual y no podía esperar para mostrarle al pueblo los ingredientes secretos de mi nueva creación caribeña. Cada año en el concurso, siempre había una pelea hacia el trofeo con mi némesis, José. De alguna manera, José siempre podía robar mi lista de ingredientes secretos y siempre fue una batalla hasta el final con los jueces. Él es un barista, y sus bebidas son realmente buenas, pero no creo que sera suficiente para ganarme este año. El concurso de cocina permite que todos preparar una bebida, un desierto, una comida, realmente lo que el cocinero quisiera. Hice un pastel caribe con mis ingredientes secretos: albahaca y pomelo. Algunos pueden cuestionar la idea, pero una vez que lo prueban nunca mirarán hacia atrás. Estaba lleno de entusiasmo sabiendo que José no tendría oportunidad de ver mis ingredientes. Sin embargo, tuve un susurro de aprehensión sabiendo que él siempre tiene trucos escondidos. Llegamos a la final y otra vez fuimos Jose y yo. Hizo un viejo té helado largo de Long Island ... puede que incluso lo haya comprado de Fleet. Me llené de alegría y un poco de euforia cuando me di cuenta de que había sido descalificado debido a su falta de creatividad con su bebida. Tan raros como el albahaca y el pomelo sonaban juntos, eran algo que los jueces nunca habían visto y me permitieron llevarme el gran trofeo.