Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you a storytelling chef eager to cook up a tale?
Register for the site and read "How to Play."

We're eager to read your storecipes!

Nick's Dangeurous Pasta

Your basket:

Main Ingredients:
former boss
production assistant
gruyere cheese
scallops
motorcycle

Spice Pack:
1/2 teaspoon of jolliness
1/4 dollop of passion

At First Avenue on a Thursday night as usual for Funk Night. It was the mid-1980's and my former boss and I were in rare form - fishnet stockings, leather skirts, glitter gel - the works.

We were working up a sweat on the dance floor when I was approached by a good looking man with nothing good on his mind. He introduced himself, "Hi, I'm Nick Dangeur..." He gave me a ride home on his motorcycle - chilly in March, but worth it in hipness points. He was witty and sassy so when he asked me to dinner, I hopped at the chance.

He showed up for dinner with a potted plant, but the pot was painted only on one side. He explained that he had been directing a commercial that day and it was from off the set. I almost swooned from the hipness - it was almost too much for me to handle. At the restaurant, I ordered pasta with scallops and a gruyere cream sauce. It was all so very cool - until it got hot...very hot...later on.

It looked promising for a steamy summer ahead until I told my sister about the date. She was a local producer in the busy-at-the-time Minneapolis film scene. "Nick Dangeur? Um, he is NOT a Director - he is a Production Assistant, and a bad one at that," she said, and had a pretty good laugh at my expense.

Back at First Avenue about a month later and I locked eyes with another hottie. "Hi, my name is Johnny Hazard..."

Comments